Thursday 4 December 2014

Lionel Blair Has Had Enough

The consumer society consumes itself, collapsing in isolation and paranoia. For many years now the English have collaborated in the destruction of their own society, replacing family and social solidarity with a series of transactions. Even charity is measured in monetary terms. It is reasonable to assume that your neighbour is only out to get what they can. Logically, it is assumed that a relationship with a child, an obstacle to consumption after all, can only be exploitative. I mean it stands for reason.
The veteran entertainer Lionel Blair has had enough of entertaining the sick society. No more pantos for Lionel!
In an interview with the Mirror, he says,
'One of my favourite things in pantomime was getting the kids up on stage with me. With little girls, I'd say, 'Can I have a kiss please? And with the little boys I'd shake hands.........
'There was one little boy who used to come up to me every night to give me a hug and in the end I had to say to the matron, 'I love him but will you please stop him doing that?'  It only takes one stagehand to say, 'Lionel Blair is touching the kids backstage,' and that's your career over. So I had to stop it. It's awful, so sad, because I adore children.......'

No comments:

Post a Comment