Monday 8 December 2014

Breastfeeding In Public - A Little Respect Please

I venture on to dangerous territory!
Personally, I find the sight of a woman breastfeeding a baby rather charming. Not only do I like women and breasts, but I like babies too!
But I can understand why some folk should prefer not to see a child fed in public. All sorts of people, not just 'bigots', prefer to go about their business undisturbed by feeding. I may be wrong but I don't imagine Moslem women whipping their tits out in front of the men.
Like it or not, sex and reproduction are part and parcel of the same process, and breasts are part of women's reproductive, and therefore sexual, attributes.
Breastfeeding may not involve a man, but it is still a reproductive act.
It is feeding, but it is not the same sort of feeding as munching on a sandwich. Breastfeeding is an intimate private act, an act of love and bonding between mother and child.
It is an action that involves two people only, a private act, not a public act, so ladies, though
 I personally am happy to watch you feed, please, show a little tolerance for those who would like you to respect your own privacy and theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment