Wednesday 25 May 2016

Dancing Through The Night

The old man lay on his death bed
A stone of guilt pillowed his head
No one there to comfort him
To witness his dying breath

His bones already eaten
His flesh bruised and wasted
Yet one regret still gnawed
A guilt that never faded

A wish, one last wish, he hissed
One last wish is all I desire
One last dance with Lisa
Will save us both from Satan's fire

But Lisa had died long ago
Destroyed by her very own hand
Consigned to flames for eternity
To suffer the torment of the damned

Lisa, I could have saved you
With my own poor redeeming love
Afraid, I would not free you
I would not surrender my love

He shut his eyes, then he saw her
Lank blonde hair, gaunt haunted face
Her fragile taut body
That danced with matchless grace

She placed her hands upon him
You've come for me, she smiled
One last dance, she whispered
Her breath hot, like coals on fire

He ran his fingers through her hair
And whispered softly in her ear
My love will redeem us Lisa
It's all right Lisa, have no fear

They pressed their bodies close together
Two angels in holy flight
They danced, two halves in perfect union
They danced through the long dark night

They danced across the Jordan River
That separates God from Man
Till morning broke all around them
In the orchards of the Promised Land

No comments:

Post a Comment