Friday 20 May 2016

An Old Man Talks With His Educated Daughter

Whatever it was that you said, I'm sure you're right. It's a long time since I've heard such wisdom from one so young.
How is it that we knew so little when we were young? Because we were too busy drinking lager and watching football and abusing women and children and animals, I suppose.
Well, you're probably right. I can't remember much about it myself. I was drunk most of the time.
No, you are absolutely right. I didn't give a damn about Equality. I thought equality of  opportunity was something Mrs. Thatcher wanted. No? No? I'm wrong. Mrs. Thatcher was a Fascist. Oh? Like Donald Trump.
Yes you are right, my dear. I am pretty radical by the standards of the 1960s but, as you say, times have moved on.
I need education? Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Now pass me my glass, dear, and the copy of the Sun, please. I haven't finished the crossword yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment