Friday 13 December 2013

Costanza Miriano - Marry and Be Submissive

Costanza Miriano was asked about her books and why they should be so controversial.
Any errors in translation are entirely mine.
'To begin with I thought that it was the word 'submissive' that caused offence. Then I saw that in your country (Spain) other books are sold that contain the word 'submissive' with no problems, books with titles such as 'Diary of a Submissive Woman' or 'Confessions of a Submissive Woman.' Then I realised that it is the word 'Marry' that causes offence. Submissive, yes! To your lover, certainly, or to a passer-by, to anyone, but not to your husband! The mainstream ideology hates the Christian idea of marriage because it is exactly the opposite of the totem of contemporary man, which is auto-determination, the total absence of ties, of belonging, of boundaries. Contemporary man does not accept even the most obvious truth, that gender is a given identity and not one we chose, and it is an identity in which the masculine and feminine dynamic states the deepest truth about the nature of man: man and woman, in his image, says the Bible. In the man/woman dynamic there is the secret of the image of God, which is one and triune. But today God is rejected, and they want the complete auto-determination of every man. Orphan, sterile, alone.
Why people have wanted (my books) to be censored, it is not for me to say. I'd like to ask them why, those who want censorship. I find it all rather grotesque and also quite worrying. Who is to say who can say what? I ask myself too: I am a nobody, just a wife and a mother and I represent nobody, and I speak only for myself. Why is it that what I say is so threatening? You don't have to buy my book; you can think badly of me, reckon me to be of little intelligence. Censorship shows weakness, it is clear.'

No comments:

Post a Comment