Sunday 16 June 2013

Face To The Sun

Face to the Sun was the Falangist anthem in the Spanish Civil War. Like Tennyson's Charge of the Light Brigade it glorifies death and murder. Such is the degeneracy of those who love the military bureaucratic complex.
Here is the song and a loose translation: 

Cara al Sol con la camisa nueva,
que tú bordaste en rojo ayer,
me hallará la muerte si me lleva,
y no te vuelvo a ver.

Formaré junto a mis compañeros,
que hacen guardia sobre los luceros,
impasible el ademán,
y están presentes en nuestro afán.

Si te dicen que caí,
me fui al puesto que tengo allí,

Volverán banderas victoriosos
al paso alegre de la paz
y traerán prendidas cinco rosas
las flechas de mi haz.

Volverá a reír la primavera,
que por cielo, tierra y mar se espera,

¡Arriba, escuadras, a vencer,
que en Espana empieza a amanecer!

¡Espana una!
¡Espana grande!
¡Espana libre!
¡Arriba Espana!

Face to the Sun, wearing the new shirt,
That you embroidered in red only yesterday,
Is how Death will find me, if he chooses to take me,
And I will see you no more.

I will be together again with my comrades
Who watch over us amongst the stars
With stern unflinching gaze,
Ever with us in our great deeds.

And if they tell you I have fallen,
Know that I have gone to the place waiting there for me.

The flags of Victory will fly once more
Waving in joy for peace
The arrows of my quiver
Will bring you five red roses.

The laughter of spring will come again
In the air, on the land and the sea.

Onwards, soldiers, to Victory,
A new day dawns on Spain.

Spain, one and united!
Spain, great again!
Spain, forever free!
Onwards Spain!


No comments:

Post a Comment