Wednesday 22 June 2016

Secret

I don't know why I told Madeleine my secret
It’s not as if we were ‘specially good friends
We were sitting together drinking and smoking
And I was thinking of dark times back then
I told her about that girl – that bitch – that place
How I would hurt the girl to make her cry
That torment and lust were the games we played
That the lower we sank, the higher we climbed

When I told Madeleine about the fights, she moved
A little closer – no disgust, no disdain
I told her that we had broken down the barriers
Between love and hate, pleasure and pain
That we’d travelled way beyond the kingdom
Of sanity, and hope, and morality
How we’d eaten our fill of madness
In the darkest nights of depravity

Madeleine took my hand and I danced with her
I must have been her favourite sick fantasy!
For she pressed her body close, as if I were
Some holy man of inverse ecstasy
Whose unholy touch might bring a little joy
To the humdrum days of monotonous toil
Now she comes to me, she obeys my command
And I lead her in chains to the Land of the Damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment