Thursday 16 June 2016

Punish The Heretic

Gay marriage, an absurdity
I confess that I did say
I understand your dismay
Your doubts about my sanity

Gay marriage you can’t consummate
They’re two different kinds of love
Love is a gift from above
But you can only marry your mate

And what’s more, in drunken truth
I denied such a thing as gay
Denied the whole category
‘Do we need further proof?’

Back then we had political lesbians
Gay of their own free choice
Their braces nature did not foist
They were simply contrarians

And others wanted some wild fun
Something dangerous and free
Something beyond staid normality
Cocking their snook at what’s usually done

I said I really do not think
A category should define
A man who loves his own kind
Who prefers the brown to the pink

‘Such prejudice!’ the judge declared
‘Harsh punishment is only fair
We cannot allow diverse ways
Re-education camp! Ninety-nine days!

No comments:

Post a Comment