Thursday 9 June 2016

Justice By Her Own Hand

Adapted from a poem by Rosalia de Castro

Two men who know better, two men who care
Laid waste to my heart, saying it was fair!
They buried my love with their filth, their dirt
Sullied my good name, mocked my hurt
Left me with nothing but the stones of my house
To hide in dark corners. a poor shrunken mouse

My child, my angel, I love night and day
My child, my angel, they took you away

They adopted my darling, they withered my life
On my stony heart, hate sharpened her knife
Righteous, satisfied, equal and fair
Soundly they slept, no thought, no care
Save me, O Judge, I cried so bold
She laughed, she sneered, my justice is sold

Good God! Help me! Help me in my plight!
But God would not help me for all his might

I crept silent, unseen
A sick, wounded, wolverine
I stand by the lust filled bed
Smirking at their righteous heads
Dark hate fills my heart
A sharp knife rips them apart
I sit down by my dead prey
happy I welcome the dawning day

For Justice is done to them by me
I killed them fair and set myself free.

No comments:

Post a Comment