Sunday 15 March 2015

The Foggy Foggy Dew

When I was a bachelor I lived by myself,
I worked at the weaver's trade,
And the only, only thing I did that was wrong
Was to woo a fair young maid.
I wooed her in the winter time,
And in the summer too,
And the only, only thing I did wrong
Was to keep her from the foggy, foggy, dew.

One night she knelt close by my side
As I lay fast asleep.
She threw her arms around my neck,
And then began to weep.
She wept, she cried, she tore her hair,
Ah me, what could I do?
So all night long I held her in my arms
Just to keep her from the foggy, foggy dew.

Oh, I am a bachelor, I live with my son,
We work at the weaver's trade.
And every single time I look into his eyes
He reminds me of the fair young maid.
He reminds of the winter time,
And of the summer too.
And the many, many times I held her in my arms
Just to keep her from the foggy, foggy dew.

No comments:

Post a Comment