Monday 22 July 2013

A Failed Show Trial Soon Forgotten

A week ago, Edie Shah, the former newspaper entrepreneur was found not guilty of  having sex with a minor. Although reported by the press, the story has not been given much prominence, certainly not as much prominence as if he had been found guilty. This time the bonfires of the great Child Abuse Witch Hunt have not been fed.
After his ordeal was over, Mr. Shah said his ordeal was caused by 'cheap policing and cheap prosecution,'
'I was brought to trial with no real evidence at all - all they had was the word of a girl and nothing was actually backed up. Having been through what I have just been through I think they should look at what happens......... there should be some evidence.
I felt embarrassed going out where I live, to the supermarket and chemist. I really do feel everyone looking at you.
I have locked myself away now for 22 months. My business has suffered, it has almost bankrupted us. We have had to sell our golf club, people were not coming to the business. It is really a situation where you have got to pick yourself up over something that had absolutely no evidence at all. It was a fantasy.'
Well, one that got away, at least for the moment. They might be back for him, trawling for accusations, paying people to fabricate their lies.
There's always another day for the Witch Hunters, always another victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment