Friday 26 August 2016

Lost In Loneliness

A shout, a tear, should have been enough
Or just the odd word of protest
To say, I'm here, I count too
I matter! It's not all about you.

It's too late now, too late to speak
You wouldn't have listened any way
I go to the shop to buy pills
But I need Doctor to say I'm ill

Just a small bottle, please, I beg
Just a small bottle of pills I need
'Can't do, sorry, people have died,'
I can't even commit suicide.

Out on the street a light rain falls
Cold and hungry I need to eat
I don't eat, my hunger is gone
You don't eat when you have no-one.

Down into the underground warmth
Don't know which station, no idea
Late afternoon, I think, must be
I hide in the crowds, forlorn, unseen

They take me wherever they want
No will, no purpose, they choose for me
Hollow inside, going nowhere
Lost in loneliness, just don't care

The train stops in the damp dark night
Journey over, time to get out
Out to sorrow, alone with just me
Alone with no hope, alone and free.

I stare at the grey grey river
Birds are flying round and round
They have nowhere else to go
When the river no longer flows

I thought I had you, you were mine
Unable to read the signs
I was so incredibly wrong
You were looking and he came along

I thought that you danced to my tune
Singing in my pretty cage
But you had a music of your own
You broke out and now I'm alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment