Wednesday 11 February 2015

Women Are More Important

I was talking to a young man the other day, and somehow the conversation got round to the point where I said, slightly off-hand, 'of course, that's because they are important than us,' referring to the ladies. The young man was a bit surprised; 'How come?' he said.
'Well,they have the babies.' I said. 'In the tribe every womb counts. They bear our future. Men are equal to women but not as important. That's why we can go off and play games and get killed in wars.' The young man was unconvinced. Women are equal these days, he told me.
Listen, I said, imagine if Christ were a woman. It would not only be ridiculous, but obscene, a woman crucified. It would be impossible because it is a man who loves sacrificially, sacrificing himself for the woman.'
The young man thought it a strange idea. He thought that you didn't torture women because they weren't very strong.
And what about the lifeboats, I asked, women and children first.
'I thought that was because they are weaker than us!'
So there you have it. All this Equality indoctrination and what is left of woman, but a weak man. I am sure my young friend would never disrespect a woman, but a condescending consideration, and a self respect based on no more than a noble heart is hardly the basis of good relations between the sexes.

No comments:

Post a Comment